Wednesday 25 July, 2007

My Birthday !!!


I turned 24 this 24 July, and this birthday has been one of the most memorable one till date. Every birthday, I would expect my friends and loved ones to wish me. If they don't, I used to feel a little upset.
This birthday was different. I saw the uselessness of such an expectation. I began to believe that forgetting my brithday was no big deal. I realized friends and loved ones will always remain loved even if they forget my brithday.
I woke up on July 24 with such a resolution.
I remember the night before my Birthday last year when I stayed awake till midnight seeing if someone would wish me. This time, I was asleep by 11 pm because I was very tired.
The July 24 this year was a day of surprises. My grandma, who is staying with us for a week, wished me first. Then my loving Mom and Dad wished me.
As is the custom every Birthday, I bathed, wore a new set of clothes, and sought the blessings of my parents and God.
My first surprise came at 7.30 am, when my Bhaiya called up from Kolkatta. I never even imagined he would remember. Then a couple of my classmates from school sent sms wishes. Then 2 of my classmates from school called up and wished me. They made me so happy.
While I was in the bus on my way to office, my Manni smsd me from US. It was such a sweet sms. I saved her number, and replied a big thanks. My second surprise came a little later when my Manni's parents smsd from Dubai and wished me. I was really happy to have such sweet in-laws.
I reached office by 9.30 am. A surprise waited there too. The HR guys had got a gift for me. It was so sweet. Really sweet!!!! This was one time when I did not want to tell anyone of my Birthday. But somehow, word got around. Around noon, people started singing Happy Birthday and clapping. It was fun.
Then my brother called from US and wished me. So sweet. Then my Manni's sister called from Singapore and wished me. So very sweet.
But, work at office was bad. It drained my energy away. But some nice friends of mine had sent lovely heart-touching e-cards, and they mad me very happy.
At home, more surprises awaited me. My aunt called from Bombay, and later an uncle called from Bombay and wished me.
Later in the evening, my Brother and Manni called us again and spoke with me.
I really had a great Birthday.
God Bless all who care so much for me!!!!

No comments: