Monday 9 July, 2007

I am BACK!!!!


Whoaaa!!! Im blogging after more than a month!! I was so busy with such a lot of activities. One event that had me all tied up was my brother's wedding. It was such a grand affair.

I really had a great time during my brother's wedding. We started preparations a full week ahead. The wedding was on a Thursday.. But, the excitement set in much before that.. From the start of the week, relatives started pouring in the house. I love such a grand assembly of relatives and cousins at my house.
The wedding rites began a day before the wedding. So, we reached the mandap on Wednesday. We had some rites that morning and I was all over the mandap clicking away photographs.
The engagement was to be held the same evening.
I made a blunder that evening. The keys for the groom's room had been entrusted to me. Around evening I went shopping with my aunt to a nearby shop completely oblivious of the fact that I had the keys. The engagement rites were to start by 6 pm and I had not returned yet. People started getting frantic. The funny part was that I had kept my mobile for charging in the locked room. So, they could not reach me at all. When I came back at 6, I had to face a lot of not very pleasant music. :-)
Thats there. My mood was totally off. In my hurry to get dressed, I put too much of make-up on my face and ended up looking like a buffoon. But there was no time to correct it because as the groom's sister, I had to be there for the rites. I felt too embarrassed. After ten miutes, I could not to face the cameras. With tears pouring down my cheeks, i ran to the room and washed the whole stuff off my face. But my mood was off. Still I managed to smile.
The function went off without a hitch. After the function, I was still down and sought solace in a friend. But, we got into an sms fight that went on till midnight. FInally, he went off to sleep leaving me in tears. That was the time I really felt down in the dumps. I am so glad my sister was there beside me. I cried to her and told her what had happened. She was comforting and put me to sleep with her arms, love, and care around me.
Next day was much better. I was determined not to be put off by anything. The muhurath was in the morning. I was dressed in a saree and had left my hair loose. People said I looked really good. The wedding went of really cool.
In the afternoon, we brought the bride home for the grihapravesh function. All the time, I was busy clicking photos.
After the ceremony at home, we had to rush back to the mandap for the reception in the evening. This time, I got ready soon in a maroon saree. I applied minimal make-up, and looked and felt good. I received a number of compliments. The day ended with a mega dinner. I was so tired that night that I slept like a log.
The next week was good with my bro and bhabs with us. At the end of the week, I went for dinner with bro and bhabs at a Chinese restuarant. They left for US the next day. It was a tearful farewell.
Siggghhh!!!

No comments: