Sunday 2 March, 2008

Writer's block ???

Do I have a writer's block?
This question popped into my mind a few weeks back, when I was wondering why there are long gaps between one blog entry and the other.
Wikipedia defines a writer's block as a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity.
I was like .. Duhh?? I'm a hyperactive creative person. Its one in a million chance that I ll run out of creativity. But then, why no posts?
As I sat down pondering over this question, the answer came across like a lightning. Laziness.
Hehehe.. I realized that I wasn't posting anything because of laziness. I ll think about writing on something, then I ll postpone it till a month rolls by. Then in a sudden burst of interest, I ll log in to my blog and make an entry.
One of my New Year resolutions have been to write consistently in my blog. Lets see how much I actually do !!
Writer's block??? Nah !!!! :-)

4 comments:

Aswin Kini said...

There is also another reason that causes writer's block, "WORK, WORK, DEADLINES, and of course, decline in creativity is directly proportional to the number of work hours that increase gradually".
Guess you should know better, laziness occurs because your mind is more interested in taking rest rather than sit near your system and blog.

Aswin Kini said...

A gentle reminder: You have not yet updated your blog, that means you are not fulfilling your new year's resolution.

Suhas.P.S said...

Good one...now i know why i spend a lot of time scratching my head pondering over an array of prospective topics...all this while i was thinking it was dandruff...lol...

Aswin Kini said...

Heard that you left EK and went to Pune! All the best on your new venture. Hope your new place gives you a good experience! Be in touch.