Friday 11 May, 2007

Face like a crumpled newspaper???????????????



Can you tell someone that he has got a face that looks like a crumpled newspaper and get away with it?? You most possibly will have your bones broken and land up like a crumpled newspaper.

But, our great politicians say this and many more and get away with it.

I hit upon this topic as I was taking a long walk the other evening. I saw a huge pandal erected near my house and I ventured to take a look at what was happening there. It was a political meeting conducted by some members of the ruling party. A youth was at the mike and voicing himself hoarse for the ruling party. He also had a lot of angst against the opposition and had some filthy things to say about them.

One of the things he said about a senior member of the opposition was that the person's face looks like a crumpled newspaper.

The guy on the mike must be easily 30 or 32 years old, whereas the person with a supposedly crumpled face is much older to him.

This kind of public slandering is one of the many facets of Politics. One can see it during the election campaigns where one leader is bent on exposing the nefarious activities of the opposition leader.

I am not taking sides but I feel poltical campaigns should be a little more decent.

All is fair in love and war ..... and in Politics !!!!!!! :-)

No comments: